Sunday, August 26, 2012

Winding down

Despite the fact that it's still 84 degrees outside, the summer is winding down.  This weekend marks the official end of summer for our family, as we've been scheduled to do something fun (usually out of town) every other weekend since May.  When you work every other weekend, the free weekends fill up FAST.  But it's truly been a wonderful summer! I can't complain about it at all, although I have to admit I'm looking forward to fall and to things slowing down a bit for us.  Our summer ended on a wonderful note, as we spend a week with my husband's family (all 27 of them) at the Arcadia Resort (otherwise known as the annual family cabin week). This year was our first year as a married couple, which was a pretty exciting change for the family.  The weather was amazing, the water was refreshing, the food was delicious and the company was fun.  I brought along my camera and tried out my new telezoom lens, which turned out to be awesome! I'm really happy with the fun moments I was able to capture.  It was the perfect end to a great summer!






My hubby and I had so much fun horsing around with the nieces and nephews, and this year all 15 of them were old enough for some fun.  The week was filled with adventures--tubing, scavenger hunts, sand castle contests, volleyball, water trampolines, and fishing.  Watching the kids get lost in play is one of my favorite activities, so I ended up with roughly 200+ pictures, most of them of the kids while they played (and some of the adults joining in).  Love it! Here's a recap of our final hurrah of summer, with a special thanks to Grandpa and Grandma H for making it all possible.  :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment