Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Summer is here!

After working a stretch of 7 out of 8 days in a row, I finally had a weekend of summer fun! Before a weekend of camping with the hubby, I had myself a little fun in the kitchen.  First I made my favorite healthy snack for our camping trip: puffed corn trail mix (recipe to follow...it's delicious).


Next I tried a new recipe posted by my friend, Katie, with a few variations in the dressing.  Creamy Quinoa salad was delicious!! My version included artichoke hearts, edamame, cherry tomatoes, raisens, sunflower seeds and feta cheese.  Mmm!


Lastly, I tried my hand at dehydrated watermelon.  It was actually quite tasty! Mind you, it took about 12 hours because it's watermelon, but it was really good nonetheless!



These tasty treats were a great reminder that summer is here! This lovely realization was solidified by my camping adventure with the hubby and pup.  Preview...my 10 year old dog went camping and canoe fishing for the first time in his life.  It was a fabulous trip! Pics and stories to come soon.  For now, enjoy yourself some tasty summer treats  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment