Sunday, May 19, 2013

Finally Framing Up...This Old House takes shape!

I'm over due for update on This Old House project so I thought I'd get caught up!  This update shows some major progress in my opinion!!  We've been busy this winter and spring knocking down the old walls upstairs and down, pulling out nails, and pouring concrete (YES...the basement floor is finally finished!!!)  I'm SO happy that the basement floor is finally completely poured.  Yes, we'll have more concrete work to do, but not inside the house! Let's just say it wasn't my favorite part. Check out the pics from our floor fiasco! Before it was all said and done, we installed a radon collection/diversion system that will collect and send any possible radon up the tube and through the roof.  My husband is a pretty amazing!! 




(We had piles and piles and piles of 60 lb cement bags)

 

Our first floor is really shaping up as well! Thanks to the help of John's buddy, Dan, we've got the headers in place and the framing is in good shape on the main floor. Next we'll frame up the addition for the kitchen and frame up the windows in time for siding and windows, which should be sometime in June! Whoo hoo!!







 Next for the update on our second floor...!! We stripped it down until it looked like a barn loft! Now it's getting framed up for our new layout of 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.  I love it.  :)  We took the ceilings up to 9 feet and added a few new windows.  Remember that awful patio door and roof deck?  Say goodbye to it...we're getting rid of very soon.  :)




Here's the new framed upstairs!! Still a work in progress, but it's exciting to see it come together.  THIS feels like progress.  :) 





(The view from our bedroom window!) 
(Did I mention I have my own tool belt now? Seems only fitting, right??) 
 I told you this was progress! Slow and steady wins the race, especially when it's a team of two working on it one day at a time.  This Old House just might be move-in ready by fall.....maybe.  

No comments:

Post a Comment