Sunday, January 13, 2013

Just hanging around...aerial yoga!

Today was my second class of aerial yoga and let me say...I'm in love!! For those who don't really know much about aerial yoga, I'll fill you in.  Basically, it's the use of a fabric hammock to achieve yoga positions.  The fabric hammock allows gravity to kick in and you can literally just hang in positions and feel the weight of your body settle into the fabric.  The gravity pulls your spine into its natural alignment. The very first time I settled into the hammock, I could feel the "pop pop pop" of my spine, as I tipped upside down and settled into my hip-hang.


 Today's class worked on our hand stands, using the fabric to hang and isolate the leg muscles, then we grounded our hands on the mat and worked our upper body as well.  The class is a great balance between the fabric and the mat.



My favorite part is the mediation...you can mediate on the mat or in the fabric hammock! It stretches out and cocoons around you, enveloping around you.  Safely suspending you over the mat, slightly swaying while the sound of ocean waves plays softly in the background. It is so wonderful, calm relaxation and meditation is easily achieved...!  I'm already looking forward to my next class! Namaste  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment